Monday, September 12, 2011

RȧïïLïïÈñ†


Fear and sadness consumed me
I breathed no existence and walked amongst the living lifeless
Wishing for death to knock on my door with welcoming arms
Never hoping or wishing for anything more
Could I ever come back from this desolation?
I walked alone down an empty road afraid
Fearful to let anyone in
Scared and abandoned
Not willing to open up to those who worried and feared for my life
Apprehensive to let them inside and take a glimpse of the hurt that lied within
Until I met a stranger with a heart of gold
And a willingness to break my torments'
No matter how close to the edge of surrender I was
Waiting with hands stretched out to pull me up when I finally hit rock bottom
Her essence alone brought me back and gave me my life
My existence and my strength
My endurance to live and breathe and exist to the very end!
And now where fear once coexisted with misery
Resides a feeling I never knew existed
Happiness and life!
Though life will always be treacherous and unkind
We have no control
I no longer live in fear
However I have come across a new sentiment
That can be just as detrimental
And can take anyone to place that is unkind
Anger and rage lurks within far depths of my subconscious 
While I have journeyed far
I am far from reaching my destiny
I have been consumed by sadness and fear
It took over and gave me no reason to live
Now that I have much in my life to live for
I cannot allow myself to be engulfed in rage and revenge
And be taken back once again to a place of affliction
Worse to be overcome with hate and misery
A fighter to the very end
I shall live my remaining days
Resilient as the day I was reborn
And given a second chance!
No matter what happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment